1911 The foundation stone was laid by the Duke of Devonshire on the 29th April 1911. The church is built in Derbyshire stone and it's original cost was £8,000, the architect being Mr. Sydney Brocklesby. The stone left over from the church was used to build 2 houses in nearby Thompson Street, Langley Mill.
1912 The church was consecrated by the Bishop of Southwell on the 8th October 1912, the first Sunday School numbering some 700 children and the first Vicar was the Rev. Fred Whitehead.
1918 The first confirmation service was held on the 19th May 1918.
1926 The Parish of Langley Mill and Aldercar was transfered, along with other Parishes in Derbyshire, from the Southwell Diocese to the new Diocese of Derby.
1933 The East Window - The Te Deum Window - Christ in Majesty.
This window showing various church buildings was dedicated on the 7th October 1933.
1987 Easter Day 1987 - A service of celebration for the joint Anglican/Methodist Church which brought together the congregations of Langley Mill Methodist Church and St. Andrews Anglican Church.
1989 The Organ was built by the Johnson Organ Builders of Derby, incorporating parts from the original organ in St. Andrew's, the Alexander Young organ from the closed Methodist Church and certain sections of pipe work from St. Mary's Catholic Church in Derby.
2012 The centenary celebrations took place.

©  2021   St Andrew's Anglican Methodist Church